Software development manager highly experienced in all stages of design, coding, testing and deployment of software. Background encompasses pragmatic involvement in web development, telecommunication, distributed environments, security, messaging systems, networking and software on UNIX and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Development Environments: Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans, Visual Studio, VI, Git, Mercurial, CVS, Subversion, PVCS Dimensions.
- Server Applications: RabbitMQ, Cramer (Amdocs), NetProvision Activator (Subex), WebLogic Server, Spring Framework, Tibco rendezvous, Rational RequisitePro/RequisiteWeb, Microsoft Exchange Server, Internet Information Server (IIS), Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Apache Web Server, Xpedio (Stellent/Oracle).
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Informix, MySQL, Oracle, SQLite, Microsoft Access, IDS2 Database DMIV (Bull).
- Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX/Linux, Mac OS X.
- Network: ATM, Frame Relay, DSL, VC Aggregation, Ethernet, Alcatel (RSP/ESE 7600), Cisco (BPX 8600 Series, MGX 8220, 6400, Catalyst 7609-6509-3750-3550, Router 7613, DSLAM 6160) and Lucent (CBX 500, B-STDX9000, GX 550).
Infinite Campus (01/01/2010 - Present)
Software Development Manager
Manage a team of fifteen to twenty software engineers, QA analysts and software product analysts. Responsible for the development of Infinite Campus products software infrastructure: Front-end, back-end, middleware frameworks and libraries, performance and security.
Infinite Campus (11/07/2008 - 12/31/2009)
Lead Software Engineer
Led the development of Infinite Campus infrastructure, messaging system, synchronization mechanisms and communication with external systems using SIF (Schools Interoperability Framework). Infinite Campus is an advanced student information system (SIS), designed to support all ranges of student data collection within a K12 educational system.
Qwest (03/2008 – 11/06/2008)
Staff Software Development Engineer - Inventory System Team
Managed a team of six full time employees and 25 contractors (onshore and offshore) building and maintaining the Qwest network inventory systems. Estimated and prepared projects plans. Facilitated interaction, collaboration and communication with the users, testers, other development teams and third party vendors. Provided technical direction and mentoring.
Qwest (02/2001 – 02/2008)
Staff Software Development Engineer - Configuration Management Team
Led architecture, design and development of applications dedicated to automate the activation of network equipments in support of Qwest ATM, Frame Relay, DSL and Ethernet networks. Gave technical direction and provided mentoring to a team of 5 to 10 developers in an environment allowing fast software evolution to face the frequent releases of new network technologies. Developed solutions relying on Syndesis Netprovision Activator.
RESoft, Inc. (11/2000 - 2/2001)
Lead Software Development Engineer
Designed and developed REDocs components. Based on Xpedio, Content Management System from Intranet Solutions (Stellent), REDocs provided a customized web-based documentation management for real estate and legal companies.
RCM Technologies, Inc. (08/1999 - 11/2000)
Information Technology Consultant
- Designed and developed a network activation component for the U S West Network Management System. This application provided automated network element activation via NetProvision Activator from Syndesis.
- Prepared and managed the requirements for a network fault management system, major component of the OSS at U S West. Installed and customized a bug tracking server (Bugzilla) to manage software defects.
French Gendarmerie Nationale (12/1989 - 07/1999)
As a developer in the Network and Telecommunications Department of the headquarter of French Gendarmerie Nationale, was involved in several projects aimed at providing secure, reliable and fast data communication to Gendarmes (Police Officers). Responsibilities included writing specifications, proposing architecture, coding, testing and documenting software. The most significant achievement was a messaging client connected to a private cellular network (RUBIS). This C++ MFC application ran on Windows NT.
- Edx: Introduction to Typescript (6/2016), Intro to Functional Programming (Haskell) (01/2015), Introduction to MongoDB using the MEAN Stack (12/2015)
- Coursera: Functional Program Design in Scala (07/2016), Getting and Cleaning Data (03/2016), Cybersecurity Specialization (11/2015), R Programming (05/2015), Data Scientist's Toolbox (05/2015), Cryptography 1 (09/2014), Functional Programming Principles in Scala (06/2014), Introduction to Mathematical Thinking (04/2014)
- University of Minnesota Business Analyst Certificate (02/2014)
- Knowledge Transfer Consulting Services, Inc. (06/2004): Microsoft Course 2310 Developing Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications Using Visual Studio .NET
- Premier Computer Education, Inc. (12/2003): Microsoft Course 2124 Programming with C#
- Java 2 Platform 1.4 Sun Certified Programmer (12/04/2003)
- ZDU University (08/1999 - 10/1999): XML: An Introduction, Java Programming Level Two, Java Programming Level One.
- Microsoft France (02/1993 - 03/1993): Visual C++: Microsoft Foundation Classes, C++ Programming.
- Learning Tree International (08/1990): Practical approach to the UNIX System, Programming in C - Practical work.
- French Army Higher Institute Of Electronics (1989 - 1990):
- Technical Certificate (2nd Level) in Automatic Data Processing: System Analysis (SDMS & Merise), COBOL, Mini 6 Assembly, Database DMIV, Mainframe Bull DPS6 (GCOS 6).
- Technical Certificate (1st Level) in Automatic Data Processing: COBOL, LCP, Mainframe Bull DPS6 (GCOS6).
- Personal Projects: On my spare time, like to "play" with programming languages, software and technologies (some projects are available at http://www.burgaud.com or on GitHub).
- Languages: Fluent in French and English.
- References: Available upon request and also on LinkedIn.
- Other Interests: Cycling, Tai Chi Chuan.